To choose the best water flosser today, you need to understand the relevant aspects of a Water flosser or Waterpik and its functions. Nevertheless, we’re going to educate you as you follow us in this consumer reports water flosser comprehensive guide. This article also featured the benefits of using a water flosser system.
According to research, about 99 percent of the United States population don’t floss properly as it ought to be done daily. Even the very dental patients are guilty of this claim – they don’t floss unless something is stuck in-between their teeth and gum line. However, how often should flossing of teeth be done? The dental association of American recommends cleaning between the teeth done daily using Waterpik oral irrigator.
Best 7 Water Flosser Comparison Table & Reviews
Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser
Waterpik Cordless Oral irrigator for Home or Travel
Waterpik Complete Care + Sonic Toothbrush
Waterpik Flosser + Electric Toothbrush
ToiletTree Oral Irrigator By Poseidon
Waterpik WP-950 Complete Care 7.0
Waterpik flosser Cordless Plus
The Benefits Of Using The Best Water Flosser
A water flossing is not like your normal dental floss that doesn’t reach some parts of your teeth and gum line region, using a water flosser helps clean areas in-between your teeth spaces, and gums. Never forget dental floss may cause you bleeding gums, but with the use of a Waterpik, it involves the release of a gentle stream of pressure water that won’t result in pains. The Waterpik benefits are much such that we can’t take you down all of them – Wikipedia guide can be of help to you if you want to know more.
Ever since the invention of the Waterpik – it has been recommended by teeth physicians to patients who find it difficult to reach some area of their mouth such as the crown, bridges, braces, and implants with a toothbrush. Nevertheless, the various thesis we consulted concludes Waterpik to be a more effective method compared to traditional dental flossing while taking into consideration patients’ comments as they are easier to use to the dental floss. To purchase an oral irrigation water flosser while putting other factors into consideration, you can fall back to consumer’s reports (reviews) on the particular product you intend to get for better decision making.
10 Best Water Flosser Reviews & Consumer Reports
1. Waterpik Aquarius Professional Water Flosser Designer Series
The aquarius waterpik is a top rated flosser unit among users for its performances when it comes to tooth flossing. It is designed with different range of pressure settings and good number of water flossers tips to choose from. The contemporary and compact construction therefore features the following specification.
2. Waterpik WP 563 Review: Best Water Flosser Cordless
The above user experience and rating was awesome and realistic using waterpik cordless water flosser. Waterpik advance flosser is not just a name from a big brand but has reputation. What I mean, American dentist association ADA took it to their lab, tested it and placed their mark of acceptance. This mean wp 563 is safe for use as a dental device and consumers should however be confident about it. This unit comes with advance features ready for you and variable pressures settings for different individualist. Has selectable tips, lengthy battery life with water resistant body.
3. Waterpik Complete Care 9.0 and Sonic Electric Toothbrush
Most waterpik newest version are improvement over previous models and this what makes a good company meet consumers need effectively. Waterpik complete care has different models on the market. While older versions still works well, the 9.0 complete care is now in vogue. Many are upgrading to this wonderful unit, because of the little footprint size and features that comes with it. If you recently bought the previous versions there is no need to panicking, everything is still cool with that. Later or 6 months after, you can start planning for the new Waterpik Complete Care 9.0.
Waterpik 9.0 complete care function as a water flosser and a toothbrush. With the 9.0 version, no need to purchase a manual toothbrush, it comes with standard electronic toothbrush design by Sonic Company. With the electric toothbrush, clean your teeth effortlessly and when you done, switch to the water flossing mode to compliment the whole process.
Take note, the brush has 3 working mode such as clean, whitening and massage mode. The second mode which is the Whiten mode was tested to remove 9x many stains than regular toothbrush. Also interestingly, waterpik 9.0 clinically proven and confirmed to removed up to 99.9% (percent) of plaque in treated tooth area. And this helps to fight decays and also future dental work.
4. Waterpik SF-02 Electric Toothbrush Water Flosser Combo In One
This unit has one single head housing both toothbrush and a water flosser vents that releases water. Here how is how it works, time for brushing, choose the toothbrush settings and also water flossing switch to the mode. Furthermore, you can use both function at the same time, when you purchase it, you’ll receive a manual to guide you through. This 2-in-1 innovation is really amazing, thanks to Waterpik Company that’s making things easier for consumers. Check out the rest of the features, pros and cons below.
5. Rechargeable Oral Irrigator Updated Version
Here comes the updated version of the oral irrigator for those that have clamor for the improvement of the last model battery life and also a better tank positioning for easier water refilling. So you can now enjoy all of these plus and other outstanding features from the professional rechargeable water flosser system.
And for those who are looking for waterpik flosser for travel, can as well find this updated version an ideal product to care for your teeth while on business trip or travels. However, by investing on the Updated Version as your teeth flossing device, you will enjoy the following features which you may not find in most competitive unit:
- Equipped with Lithium ion batteries that last for hours.
- Has 3 operating mode for different oral needs such as soft, normal and pulse.
- Not bulky and lightweight design.
- It comes with interchangeable tips for multi-users.
- A design with a tip releasing button and a quite motor.
- It is BPA and FDA certified as safety device for oral care.
- It features high water tank capacity.
- Very cheap and affordable by all class.
- Its compact and portable size enhanced mobility.
- It is Ideal for cleaning around your braces, implants and your bridgework.
- Easy to refill water tank.
In few words, this Oral irrigator system can help get rid of plaque and gingitivis as people who has used it had given their testimonies regarding it. You can find more reviews on amazon clicking on the link below.
6. Waterpik Complete Care Water Flosser
With one convenient device all your flossing and brushing needs can be accomplished with this countertop and space design waterpik flosser. As you brush you can also floss to get rid of hidden food particles, in between teeth for a fresher breath ever. The complete care water flosser comes with unique features that make it different from most water flosser on the market and these are listed here:
- 1 pik pocket tip.
- 2 classic jet tips.
- One plaque removal tip.
- 1 orthodontic tip.
- 1 standard brush for overall cleaning.
- One compact head-brush for precision cleaning.
- Tooth brush travel case.
- High volume water reservoir.
- Compact storage to house the oral irrigator tips.
- Perfect for individual with implants, braces, crown, periodontal etc.
- Space saving size and also ideal for travel journey.
- Various tips to choose from and to meet your need.
- It is not expensive.
However, the complete oral teeth care system is known for plaque elimination, promoting of healthier gum which is better compare to manual tooth brush.
7. Waterpik Waterflosser Cordless Rechargeable
For those that are looking forward in maintaining a healthier gum within few weeks from the use of a water flosser, can consider this waterpik as one of the best dental flosser for your teeth as well.
The design is accommodating, that is portable enough to fit into travel backpack so that you can take care of your teeth anywhere and anytime without haven’t to wait. So if you truly want to know more about this WP-360W model of flosser then consider knowing the associated attributes that makes it up here:
- It offers deep cleaning process.
- This is a cordless and rechargeable unit which requires no battery use.
- Counter top design for space saving.
- It features 2 tips.
- Delivers both high and low water pressure according your settings.
- Offers easier and more result oriented compare to string flossing as it cleanse your teeth deeply and at the same time massage the gum.
- It comes with 1 year product warranty.
- Great for travel!
- It doesn’t use battery which saves cost of replacing new one.
- High pressure jet tip ideal for deep cleaning of teeth and also around the gumline while the low pressure classic jet tip for mild cleaning of sensitive areas such as the gum.
- It comes with owner’s manual and quick start guide.
- High water volume reservior and long battery life.
- One user’s comment this unit only last for six months, however, we can’t really affirmed to this claim.
- Another say the plastic head is a little tricky to connect, so if you don’t get it right, it may start coming out when in use, so you have to be careful when doing the connection.
8. Waterpik Cordless Freedom Water Flosser
For those that believe in testimonial before shopping for any item online, this freedom cordless water flosser by waterpik brand has been clinically proven as easy and effective way oral health device to floss for your consideration.
It comes in little designed best for small bedroom use and also good for business trip. This WF-03 waterpik model is not expensive for those in need of a cheap flosser for oral health treatment. However, you can see this unit as your best water pick flosser with the following outlined features:
- Equipped with two classic jet tips.
- One Orthodontic tip.
- Two water pressure settings.
- It is waterproof system.
- Travel plug.
- Microfiber travel bag.
- Included 3AA batteries.
- Proven for significance oral health improvement after 14 days of usage.
- Ideal for implant vs. string floss patients.
- Dual water pressure unit for water pressure intensity personalization.
- You can use this unit along as you shower as it waterproof design prevents water from penetrating inside.
- It is not a rechargeable unit for those that prefer this feature.
- It does not come with a toothbrush.
- Customers complain about haven’t to refill often.
9. Interplak by Conair Classic Dental Water Jet
Investing on this Interplak flosser jet won’t be something to regret as it can afford you the power to take care of your teeth optimally. By using this product regularly can help prevents gum and gingivitis diseases by flushing out left over of foods or substances in hard to reach corners, between your teeth, implant surroundings, crowns and braces. If you think of getting this Dental Classic Jet, we recommend you get familiar with the following features associated with this product here:
- Dental treatment certified.
- 10 ounce water capacity tank.
- On/Off switch.
- Has a water jet tip, very powerful to flush out materials that can damage the teeth.
- Features 7 pressure settings so that you can determine the right water pressure level ideal for you.
- Two standard tips.
- One brush tip.
- One tongue cleaner.
- One subgingival tip.
- Easy cleaning and tank refilling as you can detach it from the main unit.
- Works well for around implants, braces, crowns and teeth spaces.
- Reasonable pressure settings to choose from for comfort needs.
10. Jetpik Elite Rechargeable Electric Dental Flosser
From clinical study, it was discovered, the combination of the Jetpik’s patent power floss and a water jet is about 240 percent more effective in the removal of plaque and biofil compare to most oral irrigator which this Jetpik JP200 Elite water flosser offers. The Elite is one of the most portable water flosser in the world that offers convenient to users who dislikes bulky loads.
The Jetpik tip when use accordingly reaches your gum lines where most bacteria, food debris and plaque mostly hide thereby cleaning and getting rid of them. It also combines its sonic toothbrush which vibrates up to 500 times per seconds for its seamless work. This product comes to you with two speeds and a 2-minutes timer.
- Rechargeable water flosser
- 2 speed pressure.
- 2 timers.
- Switch from water flosser mode to toothbrush mode and otherwise.
- You can use this product anywhere in the world as it USB adaptor allows for its charging anywhere.
- Small size for convenient use and storage.
- No need to replace battery as it is a rechargeable unit.
In Conclusion, Customers describe the device as easy-to-use, gentle and stimulating; leaving the mouth feeling clean and refreshed.
How does it work?
The flosser which is an oral irrigator device releases a constant amount of water into the mouth. This stream of water can help flush out particles of food, bacteria and others from beneath the gum-line or middle of the teeth which the traditional tooth brush can get do.
And for those who find the use of dental floss difficult can now embrace the use of the waterpik water flosser for gentle stream of water any day.
In addition, the convenience use of waterpik increases likelihood of patient’s compliance to practicing oral hygiene. The result thereafter is healthy teeth, gums and goodbye to teeth plaque. However, to achieve all these, you need no less water flosser but the one which is considered to be the best for your overall teeth maintenance.
You can also watch this demo video as well
The Best Water Flosser Buying Guide
Things to look for:
The reason why people don’t floss as supposed instead they develop the habit of skipping flossing. This is a result of the time it requires especially when it comes to complex flosser that needs time and effort in operation. To avoid this habit, look for a water flosser that is easy to use which is not demanding in order to practice oral hygiene.
It has become a notable problem among users complaining about the short lifetime of their flosser system after spending some bucks to get it. Although nothing last forever but to extend some thing’s last. However, one of the criteria that make up the best water flosser is the ability for it to last for an expected duration of time and if you want to enjoy this feature, you need to find a model that can stay for prolong time even as you floss on often.
How the product works is very paramount in choosing a flosser. As a prospective buyer, you expect the model you want to purchase to work effectively to meet performance just as the manufacturer has advertised it to be. But most of the time, for you to get a unit that will deliver effectiveness requires you spending more on flosser to get the best, although price sometimes doesn’t means excellent performance.
How to use a water flosser?
It has never been a big deal or task using a water flosser system as it is designed with zero tolerant to tech-know-how which means anyone can use it without stress. Below are the basic steps to follow using your waterpik:
- Add warm water into the water reservoir.
- Ensure to place the flosser tip in the handle.
- Start from the back of your teeth.
- Turn the waterpik on, starting with low setting.
- Gradually increase the speed setting to a level which is comfortable to your gum tissues.