For the best water flosser, you need to understand what a water flosser is before going into the market looking for the best available water flosser for the price.
You will agree with me that about 99 percent of residents of United States probably don’t floss their teeth as it supposed done on daily basis.
Even the very dental patients admit that they don’t floss unless something is stuck in between their teeth.
However, how often should flossing of teeth be done?
According to the Dental association of American recommend that cleaning between teeth should be done on daily basis using a dental flosser or interdental cleaner.
And why should you ever floss your teeth if it is not important to do? This takes us to;
Benefits of water flosser
Water flossing is not like the normal dental brushing that doesn’t get to reach some parts of your teeth. This is where the importance of water flossing comes in as it reaches spaces between your teeth and thereby help you in the treatments and prevention of many tooth condition such as decay, gingivitis and periodontal diseases which can leads to loss of teeth.
However, to prevents tooth problems, dentists and the scientist have been researching for ways to help people imbibe flossing culture for years even after the invention of the power dental floss which seems to be demanding in use and to some painful when flossing thereby discouraging them.
In the breakthrough lead to the invention of the water flosser machine designed for tooth problem patients and the general public use.
However, since the invention of the water flosser also known as the waterpik, it has been recommended by teeth physicians to people with difficult to reach area of their teeth such as the crown, bridges, braces or implants.
Even recent thesis also concludes waterpik to be more effective method compare to traditional dental flossing while taking into consideration of patients comments as they are easier to use to the dental floss.
How does it work?
The flosser which is an oral irrigator device releases a constant amount of water into the mouth. This stream of water can help flush out particles of food, bacteria and others from beneath the gum-line or middle of the teeth which the traditional tooth brush can get do.
And for those who find the use of dental floss difficult can now embrace the use of the waterpik water flosser for gentle stream of water any day.
In addition, the convenience use of waterpik increases likelihood of patient’s compliance to practicing oral hygiene. The result thereafter is healthy teeth, gums and goodbye to teeth plaque. However, to achieve all these, you need no less water flosser but the one which is considered to be the best for your overall teeth maintenance.
You can also watch this demo video as well
To purchase an oral irrigation water flosser while putting other factors into consideration, we advise you go through our best water flosser comparison guide and reviews below.
Best Water Flosser Comparsion Chart
|Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser ||• 7 tips.|
• 10 pressure settings.
• Tip storage space.
|Rechargeable Oral Irrigator Updated Version||• Interchangeable tips.|
• Cordless water flosser.
• Space saving.
• 3 operating mode.
|Waterpik Complete Care Water Flosser||• 6 tips.|
• Ideal for implants and strings.
• Covered storage tip.
|Waterpik Waterflosser Cordless Rechargeable||• 2 tips.|
• High and low pressure settings.
• It does not require plugin to electricity.
• Ideal for traveling.
The Best Water Flosser Buying Guide
Things to look for:
1. Ease of use
The reason why people don’t floss as supposed instead they develop the habit of skipping flossing. This is a result of the time it requires especially when it comes to complex flosser that needs time and effort in operation. To avoid this habit, look for a water flosser that is easy to use which is not demanding in order to practice oral hygiene.
2. Long lasting
It has become a notable problem among users complaining about the short lifetime of their flosser system after spending some bucks to get it. Although nothing last forever but to extend some thing’s last. However, one of the criteria that make up the best water flosser is the ability for it to last for an expected duration of time and if you want to enjoy this feature, you need to find a model that can stay for prolong time even as you floss on often.
How the product works is very paramount in choosing a flosser. As a prospective buyer, you expect the model you want to purchase to work effectively to meet performance just as the manufacturer has advertised it to be. But most of the time, for you to get a unit that will deliver effectiveness requires you spending more on flosser to get the best, although price sometimes doesn’t means excellent performance. At this point also, you can fall back to consumer’s reports (reviews) on the particular product you intend to get for better decision making.
Top Best Water Flosser Reviews
1. Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser
The aquarius waterpik is a top rated flosser unit among users for its performances when it comes to tooth flossing. It is designed with different range of pressure settings and good number of water flossers tips to choose from.
The contemporary and compact construction therefore features the following specification:
- It has seven water flossing tips.
- It comes with 10 pressure settings.
- LED light mode display.
- The On/Off button is located on the pik handle.
- One minutes timer and thirty seconds pacer.
Available tips on this flosser
- 3 jet tips.
- A plague tip seeker.
- An orthodontic tip.
- And a pick pocket tip.
What we like?
- The easy finger tips pressure control.
- It has a storage space for all your tips to safeguard them from germs and bacteria.
- We love its push button power that’s users friendly.
- The combining of dental water pressure and pulsations power for in-depth cleaning of teeth in-between, below gum-line and also effective removal of harmful bacteria your traditional toothbrush can’t afford.
- Good for your dental implants and also ideal for plaque removal around the braces or string floss.
2. Rechargeable Oral Irrigator Updated Version
Here comes the updated version of this oral irrigator for those that have clamour for the improvement of the last model battery life and also a better tank positioning for easier water refilling. So you can now enjoy all of these plus and other outstanding features from the professional rechargeable water flosser system.
And for those who are looking for waterpik flosser for travel can as well find this updated version an ideal product in order to care for your teeth while even on business trip or travels.
However, by investing on the Updated Version as your teeth flossing device, you will enjoy the following features which you may not find in most competitive unit:
- It is equipped with Lithium ion batteries that last for hours.
- Has 3 operating mode for different oral needs such as soft, normal and pulse.
- Not bulky and lightweight design.
- It comes with interchangeable tips for multi-users.
- A design with a tip releasing button and a quite motor.
- It is BPA and FDA certified as safety device as an oral care system.
- It features high water tank capacity.
What we like?
- Very cheap and affordable by all class.
- Its compact and portable size enhanced mobility.
- It is Ideal for cleaning around your braces, implants and your bridgework.
- Easy to refill water tank.
In few words, this Oral irrigator system can help get rid of plaque and gingitivis as people who has used it had given their testimonial regarding it. You can find more reviews on amazon clicking on the link below.
3. Waterpik Complete Care Water Flosser
With one convenient device all your flossing and brushing needs can be accomplished with this countertop and space design waterpik flosser. As you brush you can also floss to get rid of hidden food particles, in between teeth for a fresher breath ever.
The complete care water flosser comes with its unique features that make it different from most water flosser on the market and these are listed here:
- 1 pik pocket tip.
- 2 classic jet tips.
- One plaque removal tip.
- 1 orthodontic tip.
- 1 standard brush for overall cleaning.
- One compact head-brush for precision cleaning.
- Tooth brush travel case.
- High volume water reservoir.
- Compact storage to house the oral irrigator tips.
What we like?
- Perfect for individual with implants, braces, crown, periodontal etc.
- Space saving size and also ideal for travel journey.
- Various tips to choose from to meet your need.
- It is not expensive.
However, the complete oral teeth care system is known for plaque elimination, promoting of healthier gum which is better compare to manual tooth brush.
4. Waterpik Waterflosser Cordless Rechargeable
For those that are looking forward in maintaining a healthier gum within few weeks from the use of a water flosser, can consider this waterpik as one of the best dental flosser for your teeth as well.
The design is accommodating, that is portable enough to fit into travel backpack so that you can take care of your teeth anywhere and anytime without haven’t to wait. So if you truly want to know more about this WP-360W model of flosser then consider knowing the associated attributes that makes it up here:
- It offers deep cleaning process.
- This is a cordless and rechargeable unit which requires no battery use.
- Counter top design for space saving.
- It features 2 tips.
- Delivers both high and low water pressure according your settings.
- Offers easier and more result oriented compare to string flossing as it cleans will clean your teeth deeply and at the same time massage the gum.
- It comes with 1 year product warranty.
What we like?
- Great for travel!
- It doesn’t use battery which saves cost of replacing new one.
- High pressure jet tip ideal for deep cleaning of teeth and also around the gumline while the low pressure classic jet tip for mild cleaning of sensitive areas such as the gum.
- It comes with owner’s manual and quick start guide.
- High water volume of water and long battery life.
What we don’t like
One user’s comment this unit only last for six months, however, we can really affirmed to this claim.
Another say the plastic head is a little tricky to connect, so if you don’t get it right, it may start coming out when in use, so you have to careful when doing for it in the connection.
5. Waterpik Cordless Freedom Water Flosser
For those that believe in testimonial before shopping for any item online, this freedom cordless water flosser by waterpik brand has been clinically proven as easy and effective way oral health device to floss for your consideration.
It comes in little designed best for small bedroom use and can also good for business trip. This WF-03 waterpik model is not expensive for those in need of cheap flosser oral health treatment.
However, you can see this unit as your best water pick flosser with the following outlined features:
- Equipped with two classic jet tips.
- One Orthodontic tip.
- Two water pressure settings.
- It is waterproof system.
- Travel plug.
- Microfiber travel bag.
- Included 3AA batteries.
What we like?
- Proven for significance oral health improvement after 14 days of usage.
- Ideal for implant vs. string floss patients.
- Dual water pressure unit for water pressure intensity personalization.
- You can use this unit along as you shower as it waterproof design prevents water from penetrating inside.
What we don’t like?
- It is not a rechargeable unit for those that prefer this feature.
- It does not come with a toothbrush.
- Customers complain about haven’t to refill often.
6. Interplak by Conair Classic Dental Water Jet
Investing on this Interplak flosser jet won’t be something to regret as it can afford you the power to take care of your teeth optimally.
By using this product regularly can help prevents gum and gingivitis diseases by flushing out left over of foods or substances in hard to reach corners, between your teeth, implant surroundings, crowns and braces.
If you think of getting this Dental Classic Jet, we recommend you get familiar with the following features associated with this product here:
- Dental treatment certified.
- 10 ounce water capacity tank.
- On/Off switch.
- Has a water jet tip, very powerful to flush out materials that can damage the teeth.
- Features 7 pressure settings so that you can determine the right water pressure level ideal for you.
It comes with the following tips:
- Two standard tips.
- One brush tip.
- One tongue cleaner.
- One subgingival tip.
What we like?
- Easy cleaning and tank refilling as you can detach it from the main unit.
- Works well for around implants, braces, crowns and teeth spaces.
- Reasonable pressure settings to choose from for comfort needs.
7. Jetpik Elite Rechargeable Electric Dental Flosser
From clinical study, it was discovered, the combination of the Jetpik’s patent power floss and a water jet is about 240 percent more effective in the removal of plaque and biofil compare to most oral irrigator which this Jetpik JP200 Elite water flosser offers. The Elite is one of the most portable water flosser in the world that offers convenient to users who dislikes bulky loads.
The Jetpik tip when use accordingly reaches your gum lines where most bacteria, food debris and plaque mostly hide thereby cleaning and getting rid of them. It also combines its sonic toothbrush which vibrates up to 500 times per seconds for its seamless work. This product comes to you with two speeds and a 2-minutes timer.
- Rechargeable water flosser
- 2 speed pressure.
- 2 timers.
- Switch from water flosser mode to toothbrush mode and otherwise.
What we like?
- You can use this product anywhere in the world as it USB adaptor allows for its charging anywhere.
- Small size for convenient use and storage.
- No need to replace battery as it is a rechargeable unit.
Customers describe the device as easy-to-use, gentle and stimulating; leaving the mouth feeling clean and refreshed.
How to use a water flosser?
It has never been a big deal or task using a water flosser system as it is designed with zero tolerant to tech-know-how which means anyone can use it without stress. Below are the basic steps to follow using your waterpik:
- Add warm water into the water reservoir.
- Ensure to place the flosser tip in the handle.
- Start from the back of your teeth.
- Turn the waterpik on, starting with low setting.
- Gradually increase the speed setting to a level which is comfortable to your gum tissues.
Question & Answer
Can a Waterpik replace flossing?
It is still an ongoing debate, whether or not the waterpik flosser should be consider as a replacement for flossing. So far, many opinion has been raised but most dentists didn’t agree to this matter arising and thereby concludes that water flosser cannot be use to replace manual string flossing.
Is a Waterpik as effective as flossing?
Dental floss is widely seen as an effective method for cleaning between the teeth and tight spaces. To most people, the water pik helps in the removal of food particles from the teeth and can also reduce bleeding, pains and gum diseases but not fully a substitute for flossing and brushing.